Use Term::ReadKey

to turn off echo on the screen

 -----Original Message-----
From: Broadbridge, Tony [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 26 June 2003 11:26
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Prompting user for a password.

Hi,

I’m writing a utility in perl on a Windows box that will access a Unix server and run commands using ssh.

In the script, I need to prompt the user for the root password, but don’t want to display the characters on the screen as they are typed in.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Tony

Tony Broadbridge

Savvis Communications UK

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this email and in any attachments is confidential and is designated solely for the attention and use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) of this email you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or retain this message, the attachment(s) or any part thereof. If you believe that you have received this email in error please notify us immediately at the address set out below. Please also delete all copies of this email and any attachment(s) from your computer system.

Unless expressly stated this email is not intended to create any contractual relationship. If this email is not sent in the course of the senders employment or fulfilment of his/her duties to Aer Rianta, Aer Rianta accepts no liability whatsoever for the content of this message or any attachment(s).

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Aer Rianta, Head Office, Dublin Airport