Glenn Linderman wrote:

[snip]

There are a number of ways around this.

[snip]

(3) {This is how I currently build Win32::GUI with VC6 and the Win2003 Server SP1 PSDK): - set the INCLUDE environment variable to point to the following directories: PSDK\Include;PSDK\Include\mfc;VC98\ATL\INCLUDE;VC98\INCLUDE;VC98\MFC\INCLUDE
- set the LIB environment variable to point to the following directories:
VC98\LIB;VC98\MFC\LIB;PSDK\Lib

where PSDK is the root of your PSDK install, and VC98 is the root of your VC6 install. The search order is important.

My pre-rebuild script called the batch file that VC sets up, and then then batch file that PSDK sets up, and the results used to work... but then again maybe I was using an earlier PSDK.

The results of the script produced the INCLUDE in the form you mention, but the LIB was different. So I changed LIB in my script, and now it seems that things built successfully.

It's almost certainly a bit hairy using the latest headers, and then linking against older *.lib files, but as you say, it seems to work. I would look seriously at using the VC2003 compiler rather than VC6, but I want to keep to a build environment that will run on win98.

Thanks for your help. I haven't contributed very much lately, either to GUI or PAR, but I need to get back to those projects, and see if I can get PAR working with ImageMagick again somehow.

I've seen your post to the perl.par list :-)

Some interesting and maybe helpful discussions over there that may result in a "cure"... one a user-code cure that fakes out PAR, the other a modification to the run-time startup code for the PAR-built application. And then, maybe, I can get back to more fun things, like using more features of GUI in my applications, and contributing, and maybe even fixing, the occasional bug report for GUI itself.

As you know, any and all help gratefully received. If I can find the tuits I have a couple of ideas that I'd like to try and get implemented to contribute to PAR myself.

Regards,
Rob.