hello perl-win32-gui-users,

this is my dot plan about Win32::GUI, what I'm doing and what
I plan to do. please note that everything here may change (without
further notice) depending on my other activities (namely job and
'real life' :-).

it would be kewl if you could 'prioritize' the list based on
what you find more useful (or funny :-), and above all (pardon
the caps): IF YOU CAN HELP ME WITH SOMETHING, PLEASE DO!

that said, this is the list:

**** NEM (New Event Model)
I'm almost done with this, but there are still some flaws.
I will also define the API to manage events (eg. AddEvent
or BindEvent or ResetEvent or something like this...).
I'm also adding the possibility of 'shortcut' options a la
Javascript, like:
    -onClick => \&DoSomething

**** Event Queues
this is something I didn't really explored yet, but I would
like to process a list of events. should look somehow like
this:
    -events => { Click => [ \&DoSomething, \&DoSomethingElse ] }
in other words, when a Click events occur first DoSomething
is executed, then DoSomethingElse. the main purpose for this
is to allow subpackages to define their own event handlers
which can be 'overriden' by the implementation in the program.
(if it doesn't sound clear, don't worry, is still mainly obscure
to me too :-)

**** Win32::GUI::JPEG
allow *read* support for JPEG images, using libjpeg (see
ftp://ftp.uu.net/graphics/jpeg). JPEG files can be converted
to in-memory bitmaps and then used as regular Bitmap objects.
(NOTE: I'm *not going* to develop Win32::GUI::GIF. GIF is
absolutely deprecated, I'll look into PNG support eventually).

**** Win32::GUI::Scintilla
(see http://www.scintilla.org); to revive pride.pl! :-)

these are the main points... for now, I will post a followup
if I forgot something :-)

cheers,
Aldo

__END__
$_=q,just perl,,s, , another ,,s,$, hacker,,print;