Hi Everybody
First of all I must say I'm completely new to the Win32::GUI module programming
 (and Win32 in general) - I just installed (on Win'98 and latest version of
ActiveState Perl) binary version fetched from sourceforge.  Getting to the
point - to get the length and
width of some font text I tried to use GetTextExtentPoint32 t but  I failed to
find the
way to specify font to be affected in return value.
I tried:

1)
$Window->GetTextExtentPoint32($font, "some text");

2)
$Window->SelectObject($Window->{DC}, $font);
$Window->GetTextExtentPoint32("some text");

3)
$Window->SetFont($font);
$Window->GetTextExtentPoint32("some text");

In both cases $font was created by new WIN32::GUI::Font method and
successfully aplied to Paint method (TextOut). No matter the -size and
-name was the return value was the same.

Regards
Darek

PS. Perhaps I missed something It's very late in the night.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup