hello Win32::GUI people

I'm here, I'm here! I'm very, very sorry for my latitance. I know I
have promised a lot of things, a lot of times, and never respected
what I said. please accept my excuse for this.

and I'm very, very happy to see things moving and people willing to
help. as it is clear at this point, I'm not in the position to continue
developing Win32::GUI all alone. but I'm not going to give up the project.
if there is something useful for the community I can do acting as a
coordinator (sort of "pumpking", in Perl terms), I'll be very happy to
coordinate. if someone feels like taking over the whole stuff, I'll be
very happy to be just a member of a team of developers.

my current development version of Win32::GUI has many bugfixes, but the
internals are being heavily reworked (to support NEM more "natively")
and there are many non-working features. as an open question to anyone
interested, I ask: do you think it is better to keep the "rewrite" off
for a while and work on bugfixing the current release, or do you
prefer working with me on the new internals?

I can give all the tech help (eg. about XS and about how Win32::GUI works)
to people who want to be part of the dev team. there's a mailing list
(perl-win32-gui-hackers) that I set up just for this task.

so, if you want CVS commit access on SourceForge, just give me your
SourceForge user name and I will set it up. the -hackers mailing list
can also be used to ask questions about how SourceForge and/or CVS
works.

regarding the documentation, I appreciate what Erick did, but I found
it a little difficult to work with. I think a wiki (with CGI::Kwiki,
for example) would be a better start. we could also write in POD so
that the documentation could be more easily integrated in the CPAN
distribution.

I'm still backlogging all the messages on the list, so I will have
more to elaborate on later. for now, please accept my most sincere and
humble apologies for being such a non-existant person for so much
time :-(

cheers,
Aldo

__END__
$_=q,just perl,,s, , another ,,s,$, hacker,,print;