Hi,
Not sure if I understand what you are wanting to do, but you can have a
webserver (via HTTP::Daemon) running on one thread, while the main GUI is
running in another. Each thread would block as you would expect: Win32::GUI
until an event is fired and  HTTP::Daemon until a time out or HTTP request.
Is your problem in communicating between threads?
Cheers,
jez.

> Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 23:34:36 -0700
> From: rpno...@ibksoftware.com
> To: perl-win32-gui-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: [perl-win32-gui-users]  Using HTTP::Daemon within Win32::GUI
>

> Group;
>
> I have an application i wrote to read data from various scanners (search
> socket scan). I currently use the keyboard to send the data to my target
> application ( a web page running in IE). This is now a problem because the
> data passed causes a few utilities used to control video drivers to freak
> out.
>
> My idea is to embed HTTP::Daemon in my application and use an AJAX call to
> see if any data is available. So my question is how bet to intergrate
> HTTP::Daemon with Thread utilities. my basic workflow will be:
>
> 1) Main Application will get data from the scanner
> 2) Main Application will pass scanner data to child thread
> 3) child thread waits until an AJAX call is placed and then returns the data
>
> Am I barking up the wrong direction or what?
>
> --

Share your photos with Windows Live Photos – Free.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665338/direct/01/