Hi All,

I run AS Perl 5.x on a Win95 box at work. The firewall prevents ppm from working
      properly, so when installing modules, I usually just take the *.pm files
      and stick them in the right directories. This has worked ok so far.

With Win32::GUI though, I can't seem to get it to work.

I copied the 3 *.pm files in the GUI module into perl/site/lib/Win32 and
      attempted to run hello.pl which comes in samples/. I got this error:

Can't locate loadable object for module Win32::GUI in @INC (@INC contains:
      D:/Perl/lib D:/Perl/site/lib .) at samples\hello.pl line 8

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at samples\hello.pl line 8.

Deep recursion on subroutine "Win32::GUI::AUTOLOAD" at
      D:/Perl/site/lib/Win32/GUI.pm line 317.

I take the first line to mean that it can't find GUI.pm. But the last line is
      referencing GUI.pm, so obviously it can find it.

Is this because I didn't install the module using Makefile.pl? I tried to do so,
      but am unsure what to do with the resulting makefile since I do not have
      "make" or a C compiler on this machine. How do Win32 users usually install
      modules other than by using PPM? I tried to access the precompiled binary
      from Jenda's site, but it was down (I assume this is since he joined the
      Czech army and so it will be down for the next year or so... on the other
      hand, I seem to remember some talk of a couple of other people maintaining
      the site while he is away... ?)

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

Shawn