Anthony George wrote:
> I'm noticing memory use increasing if I move the mouse
> cursor over a Win32::GUI::Window, it's almost like the
> queue used to hold the mouse event is not getting
> flushed or read....

I'm actually working on it; it is in fact the main issue
that prevents me from releasing a new version of Win32::GUI.
there seem to be a memory leak somewhere, but I can not
track it down. BTW, if you minimize the window you should
notice that the memory use goes down to about 100k, so
I guess it is somehow related to screen refresh, eg.
something like not releasing DCs (device contexts).

so, if there's anybody on the list with the necessary
knowledge (C/C++/XS) to debug Win32::GUI, I would really
like to discuss it with someone; I need help, to be more
precise ;-)

> So I ask of you:
> 1. How can I pull this info/event(for future use)

for example, you could use PeekMessage() in a Timer
event.

> 2. How can I clear this 'queue' to free up memory?

I wish you could ;-)

cheers,
Aldo