On Wed, 18 Apr 2001 09:17:58 +1000, Toby Stuart
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

><%@ LANGUAGE="PerlScript" %>
><%
>       $a_val_from_vb = $ScriptingNamespace->a_vb_sub();

I think this would be $ScriptHost instead of $ScriptingNamespace, but
maybe they work both.  In later versions of ActivePerl (I think build 620
and up), it isn't even necessary to go through the $ScriptHost; you should
be able to call them directly as long as you haven't defined a Perl sub of
the same name.

>       $Response->Write($a_val_from_vb);
>%>
><script language="VBScript" runat="server">
>       function a_vb_sub()
>               a_vb_sub = "this string came from a VB function."
>       end function
></script>
>
>err.. the returning of an array i don't know.  take a look at OLE module
>docco.

The array should be automagically converted into an array reference when
it appears as a return value on the Perl side.

-Jan