From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> I tried the following to use SMTP to send email:
>
>    use Net::SMTP;
>    $optServer = 'luxn.com';
>    $optFrom = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]";
>    $optTo = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]";
>    $smtp = Net::SMTP -> new ("luxn.com");
>    $smtp -> mail($optFrom);
>
> It say:
>
> Can't call method "mail" on an undefined value at
> mailtest.pl line 8
>
> line 8 is:    $smtp -> mail($optFrom);

>From perldoc perldiag

            Can't call method "%s" on an undefined value
        (F) You used the syntax of a method call, but the slot filled
by the
        object reference or package name contains an undefined
value.
        Something like this will reproduce the error:

            $BADREF = undef;
            process $BADREF 1,2,3;
            $BADREF->process(1,2,3);

Hmm, they could have written that better.

Basicaly, the $smtp you are trying to use as an object is
undefined. The
        Net::SMTP -> new ("luxn.com");
command failed.

Most probably because the "luxn.com" is not a valid mailserver
address. Keep in mind that this is to be the address of the server,
not the doman name.

Eg. for domain krynicky.cz the mail server is amber.zine.cz
(or jenda.krynicky.cz those two names point to the same IP).

Jenda

=========== [EMAIL PROTECTED] == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain
I can't find it.
                                        --- me