That is two entirely separate things. Both of which I too have been trying
to figure out. As usual the documentation goes on at length, and yet
somehow never tells you what you want to know :)

In case someone wants to give an example, specifically, this page for the
HTML download:

http://time.gov/timezone.cgi?UTC/s/0

I figure I can parse out the time fairly easily. It's the only font
size="7" on the page and the only match to dd:dd:dd.

And I don't have a server at the moment , or know anyone friendly with a
form that we could submit data to but any search engine is an open form is
it not? The example in the documentation is almost certainly broken. I
think this is the code to send form data (but I may be confused about that
as well:), and if it is "BugGlimpse," if it ever was, is no more.

   # Create a user agent object
   use LWP::UserAgent;
   $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
   $ua->agent("MyApp/0.1 ");
   # Create a request
   my $req = HTTP::Request->new(POST =>
'http://www.perl.com/cgi-bin/BugGlimpse');
   $req->content_type('application/x-www-form-urlencoded');
   $req->content('match=www&errors=0');
   # Pass request to the user agent and get a response back
   my $res = $ua->request($req);
   # Check the outcome of the response
   if ($res->is_success) {
       print $res->content;