[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Has anyone gotten this module to work on Win32?  I currently get
"Can't map service name 'ssh' to port number at D:
/Perl/site/lib/Net/SFTP.pm line 36" when running the following simple
code:

Just a wild guess, but have you tried defining a port for ssh in your
WINNT/system32/drivers/etc/services file?

Steve

Or, you make a .ssh/conf file, which one of the mods looks for. I think the syntax is roughly:

*
port=22

But I'm no guru. Check google..?? When I did it as an attempted workaround, it solved the missing port call, but, then there were problems with fcntl()....

There's a new release of the sftp.pm which calls w32perl, I think solving the problems. Whatever reinstalling with the new module did, did it for me. (Without the /conf file.)

See:
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/perl-win32-users/1440763

HTH
--