----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Scecina" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Randy Kobes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 1:11 AM
Subject: RE: Problems creating ppd's for use with ppm3

> No, it happens on 5.6.1.633 also.  I'd just been telling people to use
> ppm(2).  Now that I'm rebuilding them for 5.8, I'd like to figure out the
> problem since ppm(3) is the default...
>
> Should the "make ppd" on 5.8 insert the correct architecture (it doesn't
> seem to here)?  Or do I have to "make ppd3"?  Or do I have to do it
myself?

I just downloaded one of the zips from:
http://www.activestate.com/PPMPackages/zips/8xx-builds-only/Windows/

This enables one to see just what a correct ppd file looks like for 5.8.

As Randy said, the architecture specification has a "-5.8" appended to it.
But the 'codebase href' requirement seems also to have changed. Instead of
just providing the "some-package.ppd" (which, under ppm2, was all that was
required) they are now giving
"MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-5.8/some-package.ppd".

I'm not sure if/how that relates to the ppm3 problem you're facing with 5.6.

Anyway, I'd start by looking at the ppd in one of those 8xx zips and see if
that helps solve the problem.

Cheers,
Rob