Emo1313 wrote:
Greetings,
I have recently come accross an ftpd written in perl that i would
like to modify for allowing people to upload webcam images with out the
need for thier own web space with ftp access... Any way... The script
was obviously written on a Linux system and I am having a small problem
getting it ported over for a system running 2000 and active perl...
When I run the script there is one offending line that does not
allow the server to run... Or rather run correctly.
The line : fcntl(*NB_SOCK, F_SETFL, O_NONBLOCK) or warn "fcntl: $!";
In the sub below returns the error : Your vendor has not defined Fcntl macro F_SETFL, used at
D:\bin\ftpd.pl line 373.
I have looked back thru the achive of about 2 years of this group
and have not found any way to resolve the problem on a Win2000 box...
From every thing that I have dug up so far , this is functionality that
the os simply does not have... If any one has any idea it would be greatly appreciated!
# makes a non-blocking socket
# (takes no args)
sub nb_sock {
local *NB_SOCK;
socket(*NB_SOCK, PF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, $TCP_PROTO) or warn "socket:
$!";
fcntl(*NB_SOCK, F_SETFL, O_NONBLOCK) or warn "fcntl: $!";
return *NB_SOCK;
}

I ran into this problem on my 98 machine. I think re-installing the modules with Net-SSH-W32Perl.ppd from http://www.soulcage.net/ppds/
solved my problem with a tk-SSH module I was hoping to use, yet getting the same error.

From that page: "I began this project as an attempt to port Net::SSH::Perl to MSWin32 (see
ERRATA.txt). The modules here are by-and-large required by Net::SSH::Perl."

I think one of them was updated from an earlier version and this fixed the problem.

HTH
--
Michael Higgins

--