> From: Rivera, Oscar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Subject: Excel question
>

> Hello,
> I want to copy a range of cells (A2-F300) from a "export.csv"
> file and append it to "myfile.xls" and save the file. can
> some  one help?

a CSV file really doesn't contain the row, column information, as it is only
text, but it will map into excel correctly.

What have you tried so far?

I usually suggest that if you're new to using excel, read this:

http://perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=153486

What you could do is open one instance of Excel, open both files as separate
objects, activate the CSV file, Select your given range, activate the Excel
file, find the last row and column, and then paste the Applications current
selection starting at the range of the last row and column.  This will work
if the data areas are the same shape.

If you have to iterate through the CSV data and put it in different rows and
columns, just open the CSV file as a txt file directly in perl, iterate
through the file and insert the data one cell or row (line of CSV data) at a
time into the excel file, saving when you are complete.

Chuck Charbeneau

**********************
** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
**********************

This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and
delete this E-mail message from your computer.