Title: Message
Michael,
    The user that apache runs as is the user you need to give access to that share... ex: my machine runs apache as a domain account. If I give that user access to a network share I can access the files in it...

-----Original Message-----
From: Rafala, Michael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 12:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: CGI Script permissions to call scripts on another server

I've got a CGI network permissions problem I've got to solve, and I'm wondering if I can do it from within my CGI script (or any other way):

A Perl CGI script (Win32/Apache) calls a .bat file. I've tried putting the .bat file in various places:

-- This works fine if the .bat file is in the same folder as the cgi script:

system( 'test.bat' );

-- This works fine too (c:\ is the root of the host machine):

system( 'c:\myfolder\test.bat' );

-- But this doesn't work:

system( '//AnotherServer/myfolder/test.bat' );

The apache error log shows a "permission denied" message for the client IP address (the ip of the person making the cgi call).

When I change permissions on //AnotherServer/myfolder to include "Everyone", the batch file runs.

The problem is, my systems administrator won't be thrilled to see that "Everyone" group there. Is there a way to have my CGI script log on as a specific user (with permissions) before making the system() call? Or some other solution?

Setting an Apache ScriptAlias doesn't seem to help.

I'm afraid I'm not much of a network guy, so I hope this makes sense.

Michael Rafala
Cadmus Professional Communications
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
410-691-6445