On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 17:10:48 -0800, Jeff Griffiths <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

Hi Jeff!  :)

>1. even though we set up IIS for Perl CGI during the MSI install, you also
>have to manually 'Allow' the extension in the Internet Information
>Services Manager under 'WebService Extensions'. This is because IIS6
>turns everything OFF by default.

We actually add two settings to IIS Manager: "Perl CGI" and "Perl ISAPI" in
ActivePerl 807.  Both are "Prohibited" by default because we choose it that
way.  It is in the spirit of Windows Server 2003: Everything is locked down
unless specifically enabled.

>2. some coding practices commonly used by perl cgi authors can cause
>extreme slowdowns vs IIS5. Specifically, if you use lots of small print
>statements on your page, your zippy performing script on IIS5 will bog
>down on IIS6.

All your comments below apply only to Perl for ISAPI (perlis.dll) and PerlEx,
but *not* to Perl CGI scripts using perl.exe.

Cheers,
-Jan