On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 14:15:44 +0100, Anders Boström
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Could someone (Jan?) summarize on what is known and done about the "Free
>to wrong pool" problems?

They are created by bugs in Perl's multithread support.

>I still get crashes on threaded programs in 5.8.3.809.
>Is there any way to avoid them?
>Will Perl get rid of them in the near future (5.8.4)?

They are slowly being eliminated.  I doubt they will all be gone in
5.8.4; it takes a while for this stuff to mature.

Note that the "Free to wrong pool" is just the symptom.  The error is
somewhere else, and potentially every memory allocation inside Perl can
cause this error if the thread context has not been set correctly.

Cheers,
-Jan