From: "Ken Cornetet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Perl-Win32" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:06:45 -0500
Subject: RE: perl and Microsoft Exchange e-mail

Actually, using the outlook object via Win32::OLE is pretty easy
(relatively speaking). Using OLE with MAPI on the other hand is a PITA.

Suresh, can you describe your requirements a bit more fully? Paul is
correct in that POP3 and SMTP are simpler to use, but they are limited
to sending/receiving simple emails. If you need advance features (like
signing/encryption), you should look at the Outlook object model.

Oh, to use POP3, your Exchange admin will have to turn on POP3 either
globally, or for the mailbox in question.

I can send some examples of OLE/Outlook if you like.