Hello,

I hoping if someone could show me how to create an instance of Hostexplorer through perl or give some suggestions. Hostexplorer is an emulator for a tn3270 connection (telnet).

The Basic code goes like this:

Sub Main
 Dim HostExplorer as Object
 Dim MyHost as Object

Set HostExplorer = CreateObject("HostExplorer") ' Initialize HostExplorer Object
Set MyHost = HostExplorer.HostFromProfile("WFA\_wfa1") ' Set object for the desired session
MyHost.RunCmd("Pf1")
Exit Sub

This sends an "F1" to the application through hummingbird basic.

My code for a running instance, which doesn't work, looks like this:

#! c:\Perl\bin\perl.exe -w

use strict;
use Win32::OLE;

my $hex = Win32::OLE->GetObject('HostExplorer.Application');
$hex ->RunCmd("Pf1");  #will update the time in window

Thanks,
Kevin

HostExplorer is a comprehensive PC-to-host connectivity product that delivers mainframe data to the desktop without the overhead of legacy protocols. HostExplorer connects desktop computers to IBM mainframes and IBM-compatible systems, to IBM midrange systems (the AS/400 family), and to ASCII character systems using Telnet.

The terminal emulation components (Telnet, TN3270, TN5250 and TN3151) provide fast access to corporate data and run with Windows NT/95/98/2000/Me/XP operating systems across corporate intranets and the Internet.
HostExplorer uses Kerberos, which provides the necessary network tools to secure information systems across an entire enterprise.