On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Edward Peschko wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 02:31:04AM -0500, Chris Wagner wrote:
> > At 07:49 PM 2/14/05 -0800, Edward Peschko wrote:
> > > However, when I try this, I get: No perl found at
> > > C:\perl\bin\perl.exe
> > >
> > > even though there *is* a perl found at C:\perl\bin\perl.exe
> >
> > /cygdrive/c/perl/bin/perl.exe
> >
> > Cygwin retains Unix's distaste for the MS-DOS style path. Only
> > ActiveState Perl understands c:\dir\....
>
> Well, that's the point - I believe that perl itself handles
> C:/perl/bin/perl.exe.. which is why I believe this is a bug.
>
> perlctrl *should* handle c:/perl/bin/perl.exe, and hence it
> *should* work.

It handles that quite fine.  I suspect that your C:/perl/bin/perl.exe
is not a compatible version of ActivePerl.  Can you send me the output
of `c:\perl\bin\perl -V`?  Please also include the version of the PDK
you are using.

> I really don't want to have to give up make, vim, screen, et al, just
> because I want to make a dll.. Anyone got this to work?

You don't have to.  You will have to use ActivePerl with PerlCtrl though;
Cygwin perl will not work.

Cheers,
-Jan

PS: You may want to use the PDK mailing list for PDK problems to reach
a more targeted audience.