> [Bill Wrote:]
> I added 'use MIME::Lite;' (and dropped the Net::SMTP), used code I
knew
> to work with it and reversed your eval if testing $@ rather than the
> return code from send (although that last item may work either way).
>
> [Bullock, Howard A.]
> I used MIME::Lite as stated in the original post. The croak code
posted
> is from MIME::Lite.pm. MIME::Lite croaks.

You may have used it, but the posted code was using Net::SMTP interface.

[Bullock, Howard A.]
My code in my process uses MIME::Lite and is almost to what you posted.
The code you reference that uses Net::SMTP in my post is copied from the
MIME::Lite module PM file to show that the unlying module calls croak
which eval does not seem to trap.

Have you tried using my code ?  Or is there a reason you have to do it
the way you were ?

[Bullock, Howard A.]
No I have not tried the eval outside the IF block yet, but I do not see
how that minor different would trap the croak that is called inside
MIME::Lite.