From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 19 September 2008 15:17
To: perl-win32-users@listserv.ActiveState.com
Subject: Shared memory

> Hi All,
>
>    I am new to the concept of IPC and socket mechanism in perl. I
would like to write a code where I am going
> to use the OOPs & IPC ( Shared memory) functionality with perl to
achieve the below task.

Sockets don't have a great deal to do with shared memory, other than
that they can both be used for IPC.

>        Assume we have a class which is having the data members and
functions (f1,f2... f5).
> Here function1 writes something to the shared memory, and it locks the
same while doing this so that other
> functions or process should not access the same area.
> Once it is done with that, function2, will access that shared memory
area and perform the required task.

> I need your help, so that I can achieve this task. Any code snippet
along with links will be a great help.

A good place to start is the documentation for the module(s) that you
will be using, e.g. 'perldoc Win32::MMF::Shareable' (you will probably
need to install it first though, as it isn't part of the standard
distro).

HTH

--
Brian Raven

not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any
attachments without retaining a copy. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or