Hi,
Well ... it's some perl source that I'm wanting to be able to patch.
(But,yeah ... I know ... that doesn't count :-)

Does anyone have a working patch.exe on Vista ?

At every attempt I make to run 'patch' from the cmd.exe command line I'm
prompted for admin password and, having provided that, the bloody thing then
gets executed (ie runs and exits in a flash) instead of being run from the
command line like I want.

This happens for:

1) The patch.exe that's part of MSYS. (If I try to run that particular
patch.exe from the MSYS shell I just get a flat "permission denied".);

2) GNU patch-2.5.9-7;

3) The patch.exe that I just copied across from my Windows 2000 machine. (As
soon as I stuck it on the Vista box I could tell from its icon that the same
problem would arise.)

Does anyone here happen to know what one needs to do in order to have a
useable patch.exe on Vista ?

Cheers,
Rob