I've recently upgraded to activeperl 5.10 (looks like it's build 1004)
and I've just noticed that I can no longer instantiate my script
components (which are written in "PerlScript").  Specifically, the perl
interpreter process crashes.

So, wanting to eliminate my WSCs, I went back to basics and took the
canonical example in the docs
(http://docs.activestate.com/activeperl/5.10/Windows/WindowsScriptComponents.html):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<component>

<registration>
    description="Easy"
    progid="Easy.WSC"
    version="1.00"
    classid="{74bb1ba9-2e69-4ad6-b02c-c52f3cbe153b}"
</registration>

<public>
    <method name="SayHello">
    </method>
</public>

<script language="PerlScript">
<![CDATA[
sub SayHello {
    my($param) = shift @_;
    return reverse($param);
}
]]>
</script>
</component>

(NOTE - there is a error in the docs and the > for the registration open
tag has to be moved to AFTER the properties). Once I do this, register
the component and then try to run the following script:

use strict;
use warnings;
use Win32::OLE;
Win32::OLE->Option(Warn => 3);
my $r = new Win32::OLE('Easy.WSC');
print "hello, world\n";

...I still get a crash. Has anyone else had luck instantiating WSCs with
Win32::OLE in perl 5.10?

Thanks,
Mike Ellery