David Evans <> wrote:
> Hey guys
>
> I hope you can help.  Trying to create scheduled tasks on remote
> machines with Win32-TaskScheduler, the code appears to create the
> task successfully but it creates the task locally, not the specified
> remote machine.
>
> ***CODE***
>         use Win32::TaskScheduler;
>
>         $scheduler = Win32::TaskScheduler->New();
>
>         %trig=(
>                 'BeginYear' => 2009,
>                 'BeginMonth' => 5,
>                 'BeginDay' => 13,
>                 'StartHour' => 17,
>                 'StartMinute' => 37,
>                 'TriggerType' =>
> $scheduler->TASK_TIME_TRIGGER_MONTHLYDOW,
>                 'Type'=>{
>                         'WhichWeek' => $scheduler->TASK_FIRST_WEEK |
>                         $scheduler->TASK_LAST_WEEK, 'DaysOfTheWeek'
>                         => $scheduler->TASK_FRIDAY |
>                 $scheduler->TASK_MONDAY, 'Months' =>
>         $scheduler->TASK_JANUARY | $scheduler->TASK_APRIL |
>         $scheduler->TASK_JULY | $scheduler->TASK_OCTOBER, }, );
> $tsk="wibble";
>
>         foreach $k (keys %trig) {print "$k=" . $trig{$k} . "\n";}
>         $hostName = "\\\\remsvr";
>         $usr = "remuser";
>         $pwd = "rempw";
>         $scheduler->NewWorkItem($tsk,\%trig);
>         print($scheduler->SetTargetComputer($hostName));
>         print(" set $hostName\n");
>         print($scheduler->SetAccountInformation($usr,$pwd));
>         print(" set $usr\n");
>         $scheduler->SetApplicationName("winword.exe");
>         $scheduler->Save();
> ***END CODE***
>
> ***OUTPUT***
>         C:\Scripting\File_Distro>Schedule-test.pl
>         BeginYear=2009
>         Type=HASH(0x22704c)
>         StartHour=17
>         BeginMonth=5
>         StartMinute=37
>         TriggerType=4
>         BeginDay=13
>         1 set \\remsvr
>         1 set remuser
> ***END OUTPUT***
>
> This is the example straight out of the docs with the
> SetAccountInformation and SetTargetComputer functions added.
>
> Windows XP SP2
> Perl 5.8.8 822 [280952]
> Win32-TaskScheduler 2.0.2
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is just a guess, but the example script
(http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/UNICOLET/Win32-TaskScheduler2.0.3/Exampl
e.pl) calls SetTargetComputer before calling Activate, so perhaps you
should try moving the call to before NewWorkItem, which creates a new
active task, in your script.

As I said, just a guess.

HTH

--
Brian Raven
not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please advise

Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this
e-mail is strictly forbidden.