From: perl-win32-users-boun...@listserv.activestate.com
[mailto:perl-win32-users-boun...@listserv.activestate.com] On Behalf Of
Perl Perl
Sent: 01 July 2009 13:24
To: perl-win32-users@listserv.activestate.com
Subject: CPAN install directory usage

> Hi All,
>
>      I have one doubt, about usage of CPAN install diretory at Windows
side. I have found that TK module is
> install at "C:/Perl/site/lib C:/Perl/lib" . but confuse with the usage
part.
> Please find the sanpshot from the screen as below.
>
> V:\view_MAIN\vob_verif>perl -MTk -e 1
> Can't locate Tk.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/site/lib
C:/Perl/lib .).
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
>
> V:\view_MAIN\vob_verif>perl -e "print qq(@INC)"
> C:/Perl/site/lib C:/Perl/lib .
>
> I tried, different ways to embed the above installed directory path in
my script, but I am getting the result
> as Can't locate Tk.pm in @INC.
>
> Please find my script as below, made this one very short for debuging
pupose.

> #!/usr/bin/perl -w
> use lib "C\:\\Perl\\site\\lib";
>
> #use lib "C:\/Perl\/site/lib C:\/Perl\/lib";
> use Tk;
>
> Please find the error message,
>
> V:\aec_MAIN\platform_verif>perl Test.pl
> Can't locate Tk.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:\Perl\site\lib
C:/Perl/site/lib C:/
> Perl/lib .) at Test.pl line 5.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Test.pl line 5.
>

> This is at Windows OS. Could you please help me to overcome this?

It is not really clear from the above, but it looks like Tk has not been
installed, or at least not properly.

The big question is why don't you install it using ppm, rather than from
CPAN. It is much easier as all of the hard work of building it has
already been done. It works fine for me.

--
Brian Raven
not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please advise

Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this
e-mail is strictly forbidden.