On Fri, 04 Feb 2011, Phillip Richcreek wrote:
> I probably missed an announcement! The ASPN site lists a category
> they're calling "Community", which is the only one that even comes
> close to describing my situation.
>
> Is it the case that the perl documentation is no longer available to
> community users online? I don't see that as a problem. It's just that
> I've always accessed the documentation there and was not aware that
> (apparently) the html is and has been stored locally during the
> installation process.

The documentation is still online at

    http://docs.activestate.com/

> I've also noticed a dramatic decrease in the acitivity on this and
> the other ASPN forums that I subscribe to -- pdk, xml, admin,
> activeperl. Are there new forums and, if so, are they available to
> community users?

There are some web forums that kind of duplicate the topics of
some mailing lists here:

    http://community.activestate.com/main

Personally I'm no fan of web forums, so I never go there.  So I have
no idea how much traffic they get.  I agree that the Perl mailing
lists have less traffic than 10 years ago.  All Windows related stuff
happens here on perl-win32-users; the other perl-win32-* lists are
more or less dead and should probably be decommissioned.

On the other hand there seem to be a lot more blogging about Perl
than there was 10 years ago. :)

Cheers,
-Jan