From: perl-win32-users-boun...@listserv.activestate.com
[mailto:perl-win32-users-boun...@listserv.activestate.com] On Behalf Of Greg
Aiken
Sent: 11 May 2012 01:15
To: Perl-Win32-Users@listserv.activestate.com
Subject: dbd-anydata - i cant get it to INSERT new records

> dear win32 perl users,

> use DBI;
> use DBD::AnyData;
>
> my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:AnyData(RaiseError=>1):');
>

> #i am trying to insert new record to an existing tab delimited file
> #'oldfile.txt' is an ascii encoded two line file:
> #FIELD1\tFIELD2\n
> #abc\tdef\n
>
> $dbh->func('insertnewrecstooldfile', 'Tab', 'oldfile.txt', 'ad_import');
>

> #test 1   - attempt using DO with hard-coded 'values'
>
> #$return1 = $dbh->do("INSERT INTO insertnewrecstooldfile (FIELD1,FIELD2)
> VALUES ('ghi', 'jkl')");
> #print "return1 = $return1\n";
> #$dbh->disconnect;
> #exit;
>
> #result: returns 1, but the file does NOT contain the new record!

>From a quick look at the documentation ('perldoc DBD::AnyData'), it looks like
>you are creating an in memory table with ad_import, but I can see no sign of
>the updated table being saved with ad_export. Possibly ad_catalog would do
>what you want.

[N.B. I haven't used DBD::AnyData, but it looks interesting. Thanks for the
pointer.]

HTH

--
Brian Raven

not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any
attachments without retaining a copy.

Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this
e-mail is strictly forbidden.