On Mon, 22 May 2000 11:26:07 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Actually Tk isn't a single module, There's more like 80 modules.  Between
>the modules, autofiles, and documentation, the version of Tk than I have
>loaded takes up about 5Meg of space.  The newest version is probably a
>little bigger than that.
>
>I'm not exactly sure how PPM handles its downloads, but I'd assume that you
>would need at least twice as much space to do the install.  PPM probably
>downloads the files into a temp location and then copies them into the final
>location.

I think you need the size of the tarball plus twice the size of the
uncompressed directories.  It helps if the temp directory is on a
partition with lots of free space, as I think the tarball and the
uncompressed copy are stored ther before the Install module copies things
over into the Perl tree.

-Jan

---
You are currently subscribed to perl-win32-users as: [archive@jab.org]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For non-automated Mailing List support, send email to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]