[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi. I am a unix-based programmer who is new to Activeperl and ppm. I am
> writing a new module and trying to prepare it for installation. But when i
> try to nmake Makefile, I get an error that Extutils:Makemaker cannot be
> located. I did a "search" in ppm and Extutils is not listed, nor is it
> listed on activestate's repository site. I've preused this mail list but
> cannot locate anything that specifically relates to how one installs
> Extutils. I do see the folder Extutils with the .pm files within it, that
> is .../perl/lib/Extutils. any help is greatly appreciated.

A couple of things.

1) Perl is case-sensitive, so 'Extutils' is different from 'ExtUtils'

2) the 'scope-of' operator is '::' (two colons, not one)

I'm guessing you have something like 'use Extutils:Makemaker' at the top
of your script.  This will cause Perl to look for a file
'Extutils:Makemaker.pm' in @INC

Try changing the use line to 'use ExtUtils::MakeMaker'.  So long as
there exists a file 'ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm' in your @INC (it appears in
C:\Perl\lib on my system) you should be OK.

HTH,
Ian

--
99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code.
Fix one bug, compile again, 100 little bugs in the code.

---
You are currently subscribed to perl-win32-users as: [archive@jab.org]