At 03:35 PM 5/24/00 +0000, you wrote:
>(Running Activestate 5.6 on win2k):
>
>I'd like to use CGI.pm but send the output to a static HTML file instead of
>generating the page on the fly.
>
>I've got
>
>use CGI;
>$q = new CGI; # intitiate web page state

If you're generating a static page, there's no need to create a CGI
object.  Just use its methods to create HTML and print them to a file.  I
do that to create HTML fragments that become server-side includes for
database queries that only change once a day or once an hour.

If you're creating static pages, you don't need or want the HTTP headers,
etc., anyway.  CGI.pm is great for making it easy to create HTML, though.

Nick
--
Business phone: (408) 733-7613     E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

---
You are currently subscribed to perl-win32-users as: [archive@jab.org]