Hello,
Question: I have just a small amount of state information I need to store
for a new site I am creating. Most sites I have done require either a
relational DB backend, but this site has a minimal amount of data. It will
actually be a hash array, and involves less than 150 keys.

So in my eyes, I have two ways to go. Create a quick DBM, and let my script
call it each time I need data, or B). Write the data to a "text" file on
the webserver, and just read from it each time I need data.

My real question is: which anology is faster. A) Accessing a DBM that is
local to the webserver, adding entries at login, and accessing those
entries while they are on line. B) Creating a file that is local to the
webserver, and adding entries at login there and reading from that file
while they are browsing?

If no one has any ideas which is faster, I can try and put together a
Benchmark::IO study, but I figure someone may of done this already.

Thanks For Your Time,
Sincerely
Scott

---
You are currently subscribed to perl-win32-users as: [archive@jab.org]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For non-automated Mailing List support, send email to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]