Thanks for the tip on Win32::Internet.
I had been using Net::FTP and LWP::UserAgent.

Is there a performance advantage to using Win32::Internet instead (for the
cases they both can handle)?

Also, there appears to be a typo/error/anachronism in the docs:
The first example given:

    $file = $INET->FetchURL("http://www.yahoo.com";);

That first semicolon after yahoo.com" causes a syntax error for me.  I
would think that was just a typo (remove the ; and the code works), but
there's a similar discrepancy a bit farther down in the docs:

($Session, "ftp://ftp.activeware.com";, "anonymous", "dada\@divinf.it");

Again, the semicolon after the URL causes a syntax error and it works fine
without it.   Is this an archaic vestige of an earlier Perl syntax?

(ActiveState 5.6 on Win2k system).
Thanks

---
You are currently subscribed to perl-win32-users as: [archive@jab.org]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For non-automated Mailing List support, send email to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]