From: S NIMO G [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

>I have downloaded a Perl version 5.0.6 and unzipped to Perl-5.0.6 folder on
Windows 2000 beta.
>I have Visual C++ 6.0 installed.
>My question is how do I install this version of perl using my VC++ compiler
and get it running???
        Do you need to? Where did you get this copy of Perl from? More to
the point, is it source code or binary?
        If it's a binary from the ActiveState site, go back to the web site
you downloaded it from, and read the page. It describes exactly how to
install it on your system; no need for using Visual C++.
        If it's source, look in the dir for a README or INSTALL; or similar
file (I'm not very familiar with the source distribution, I'm afraid.) The
info in one of those files should explain how to build Perl on your local
machine.
        FWIW, I think you would be best off getting the binary and
installing it. If you are not familiar with compiling, Perl may not be the
best place to start learning.

>My thanks go to whoever highlights the installation process step by step.
        Well, if none of that works, PLEASE send back to the list here (not
to me directly) a description of where the Perl came from, whether it's
binary or source, and what you plan to do with it. The reason for the last
question is to make it easier on you; Some people need to build Perl from
source for one reason or another, but the majority can take the simpler step
of using the provided binary.

>Snimo

                                        ----Woodrow

---
You are currently subscribed to perl-win32-users as: [archive@jab.org]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For non-automated Mailing List support, send email to
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]