Hi All,

I'm trying to use PERL to run a system command on IIS which utilizes pipes.  From what
I've seen so far, this
isn't generally possible because IIS doesn't run CGI scripts in a console context, so
items like pipes and
redirects which require a console won't work.  I've also seen that setting the
registry value of
'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W3SVC\Parameters\CreateProcesWithNewConsole
 REG_DWORD
Range to '1' will cause IIS to spawn a console for each process and thus allow pipes.
The only problem is, that this registry setting is a universal setting, and I don't
want to affect all of the
other CGI scripts which are currently running.

Does anybody know if there is a better way to allow pipes in the system command in
PERL for IIS?

        system( "echo blah > junk.txt");

Thanks,

Mike