I've got a cgi script that displays a table of Windows event logs.  The
table is essentially a big form with checkboxes on each line that my
administrators can check to indicate which events need to be followed up
on.  When they click on the submit button at the bottom of the table, I
pass the details of the events to another script which generates service
request tickets.  This all works fine.

Now I'd like to provide them with the ability to add a note to an event
and have that note get passed to the ticket generation script too.  Is
this possible?

I found a snippet of javascript that can pass text between static HTML
pages, but I can't figure out how to pass the text back to a cgi script.
I can get the "add-note" window to pop open, and it closes when
correctly when I submit, but I'm not sure where the data goes or how to
find out.  I do a $cgi->Dump() in the service request script and I can
see all of my data coming through EXCEPT the notes.

I'm I off in the weeds?  Or is this doable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim Lancaster, CTO
Sagiss, LLC
3500 Oak Lawn Ave., Suite 600