Hi,

I should first say that I'm just going through about 3 months of old
list mails and am sorry I don't pay more attention to them. They're
always informative.

In any case I have a couple of web pages that query a 1,000,000 record
database. The first page uses a select distinct query to populate a
dropdown box to choose from. It does this for 2 different dropdown boxes
and of course takes a while to run with over 1,000,000 records.

So I thought I'd try to connect to the database and run the query in
global.asa instead and then save it there for later retrieval. So I set
up the same connection variables that used to be in the default page and
instead moved them to application_onstart. I'm not even sure that the
query is running but I'll pursue that later. It should run as far as I
can tell. Since I only query for one field each record only has one
field. So I iterate through the returned record set and put each value
into an array: @agencies. This is exactly what I had been doing
successfully on the default web page.

I've then try:
$Application->Contents->SetProperty('item','agencies',@agencies) and a
number of variations but they all seem to end up empty. Does anyone have
any ideas? Is what I'm trying possible? Is it likely that I'm just
making a silly syntax error? Thanks for any ideas.

Ken