From: "Paul O'Russa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 1:12 PM
Subject: RE: LWP and authentication not working with IIS

I'm already using Basic authentication.  I went to look for that NTLM module
anyway and found an example of how to use it.  It showed a sample of how to
use the credentials() method, which, as it turns out, I was not passing
correct parameters to.  :-)  The first parameter must have a ":80" at the
end of it or it won't work properly:

$ua->credentials('www.somewhere.com:80', 'www.somewhere.com', 'username',
'password');

Doh!

Thanks for your help...

Paul

>>> Thomas_M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 1/9/2003 9:18:53 AM >>>
I believe Windows requires NTLM authentication (aka Windows
Challenge/Response) to access NTFS protected directories. LWP uses Basic
authentication by default, so that's why it didn't work.

You could either (1) Configure IIS to protect the pages using Basic
authentication instead of using Windows security settings, or (2) Configure
LWP to perform NTLM authentication (try the LWP::Authen::NTLM module).

- Mark.

--
Mark Thomas                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet Systems Architect     User Technology Associates, Inc.

$_=q;KvtuyboopuifeyQQfeemyibdlfee;; y.e.s. ;y+B-x+A-w+s; ;y;y; ;;print;;