I just upgraded my Win2000 server from ActivePerl5.6 to 5.8 and now my CGI scripts are failing.  I have many scripts where I "use CGI qw/:standard/;" and then:

print header;
print start_html;

As per the CGI.pm man page.  But now it prints two http headers and displays the html source to the browser.  If I delete the first print header statement then it displays correctly.  This would not be such a big deal but there are many scripts where I do this and it appears to still be correct from looking at the CGI.pm docs.  More seriously I am also using CGI::Ajax (which worked under 5.6) and it is also outputting double headers and I see no way to control this.  I lasso don't know what other scripts may be affected by this.

Any help on this would be most appreciated.  I am hesitant to upgrade my production server to 5.8 and now the scripts on my development and production servers are out of sync.

thanks in advance - Dorian Winterfeld