Hi everyone,

I've been trying to put a button in my perl-cgi program which when clicked calls a _javascript_ function.

I need to send a previously initialized perl variable to the _javascript_ function as an argument. But, when I try to pass the parameter to the jsp function, the function is not called properly.

Here's a snippet of my code:

$testvar = 'www.google.com';

print("<input type=button value = 'callsite'
>");

The jsp function is as follows:

function popwindow(v){

        newwindow=window.open(url,'test','height=400,width=200');
        if(window.focus){newwindow.focus()}
}

So, how do I pass a perl variable into a jsp function?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

dhivya arasappan