I am finding  that if the Perl interpreters die (returning "Script
Returned No Data" to the browser), the IIS 6 worker process refuses to
handle any more requests. However, the IIS ping every 30s must think
that the process is alive since it doesn't recycle until the end of the
configured recycle period.

Is there any way to cause the worker process to recycle when the
interpreters are dead?

I'm sure that I am catching all exceptions (e.g. sql query timeouts) in
my code in eval blocks. Does anyone know under what circumstances Perl
might die? This only happens under stress testing situations.

I am using perl v5.8.8 build 822 [280952] from ActiveState with PerlEx
on IIS 6 on windows 2003 server.

Thanks in advance
Horace