Andrej,

Format your URL like this:
http://userid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/path

The only problem with this approach is that your userid & password are sent out in clear text...

Dave

Andrej Sokurov wrote:
Hello everyone:

I need to write a program that would fetch an HTML page from a secure site that requires authorization.
When a human it usually done in following sequence:
1. Get login screen     (https)
2. Supply login/password
3. Get needed HTML page (https)
4. Logout

Doing similar thing without required authorization is very simple and straightforward procedure:

  my($request) = new HTTP::Request GET => $url;
  my($ua) = new LWP::UserAgent;
  my($response) = $ua->request($request);
  my($html_page_received)=$response->content;

However, getting through secure site that requires authorization is not clear for me.
Could somebody point me in a right direction? It would be the best, if somebody gives me an example of such program

Thank you.