Hello Marvin,

Marvin Humphrey wrote:
Hello, Reinhard,

Thanks for the reply... sorry I did not see it for a few days or I would have responded sooner.
No problem.

On Aug 29, 2005, at 4:29 AM, Reinhard Pagitsch wrote:

I have since solved the problem another way, but while I was doing so I
Can you tell us how you solved it? I think it would be of interest for someone of us.

Thank you,
Reinhard

found dXSARGS in perlapi, which looks like it does what I needed to do. It was not listed under "Stack manipulation macros", where I expected to find it, but under "Variables created by xsubpp and xsubpp internal functions".

http://perldoc.perl.org/perlapi.html#Variables-created-by-'xsubpp'- and-'xsubpp'-internal-functions

So, happy ending.  Thanks again,

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research