Good day,

I'm trying to find a way to take a standard perl module and load XSUBS
transparently over the top of it, if they are defined and available.

The cleanest way I found was to combine XSLoader and Autoloader so that
the perl subs aren't loaded unless XS doesn't define them. The problem I
have is that this is for POE and related things, where most effort is
spent to try and trade startup time for runtime speed. Is there any
slightly better way to pull this off?

Ideally I would have liked to see a DynaLoader flag which in effect does
'no warnings "redefine"', but no such beast exists as far as I can see.

I'm new to this XS stuff, please be gentle :)

--Jonathan Steinert