On Nov 12, 2005, at 19:12, Marvin Humphrey wrote:

Xavier,

Changing this line in Makefile.PL...

    NAME => 'Foo::Bar::Baz',

to this...

    NAME => 'Foo::Bar::Baz::XSModule',

... triggers compilation for me.

I'm curious why you're doing things this way.

Because the main module in the distribution is a pure Perl module. Some of it is factored out for speed to C, and I wanted to put that in a second, auxiliar module. Maybe this is just not the natural way to prepare a distro with XS (I am a newbie here).

I have a similar scheme going on for my 50+ module distro, mainly because I want to have the XS code and the Perl code in the same file to make editing and revision tracking easier. To elaborate on posts from earlier this week, this is how it works:

Thanks for such a detailed explanation.

-- fxn