On 27/02/12 17:21, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 04:29:57PM +0000, Alberto Simões wrote:
I googled for that, and found a typemap, but I do not understand how
typemaps work.

Take a look at the Foo.c file that is generated off of your Foo.xs file.  XS
"typemaps" are not very sophisticated -- they're just strings that get
inserted into a template for an XS function and then expanded.  It so happens
that some variables are available ($var, $arg), but you seem to be using those
right already.

In fact, looking to the typemap that is shipped with Perl, it seems that wchar_t should be supported...