On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 12:04 PM, Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeeti...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Probably not.  But <http://grep.cpan.me/?q=newSVpv.*PL_na> does show
> quite a few hits, only roughly half of which are mine.  Since the bugs
> this causes are hard to diagnose, I thought a public service
> announcement is appropriate.

Hmm, maybe you should email the maintainers of those modules directly
(or file bugs), if you have the time?  perl-xs is kind of an obscure
list, so it is unlikely they will actually see this thread.

> I think I simply assumed that "na" stood for "not available".  So I took
> PL_na as a readability-improving alias for zero.

I think in this case it means "not applicable", meaning "I don't care
what the value is".

Cheers,
-Jan