batch of 5 records:

http://liblime.com/public/several.mrc

They don't throw any errors in marcdump. I run them through roundtrip.pl
(http://liblime.com/public/roundtrip.pl) which has a new feature ... if
the new_from_xml fails, it dumps both binary and xml into two files.

So ... running roundtrip on the above records dies (at least on both of
the linux boxes I'm working on ) like this:

$ ./roundtrip.pl several.mrc several.utf8.mrc error.xml error.mrc
#4 has a problem: at ./roundtrip.pl line 30.

not well-formed (invalid token) at line 23, column 43, byte 937 at
/usr/lib/perl5/XML/Parser.pm line 187

When I run marcdump on error.mrc it throws an error.

In several.mrc, record #4 I see B9 (british pound sign) which is
in the LOC codetables:
                        <code>
                                <marc>B9</marc>
                                <ucs>00A3</ucs>
                                <utf-8>C2A3</utf-8>
                                <name>BRITISH POUND / POUND SIGN</name>
                        </code>

Looking at error.xml, line 23, column 43 I see hex value C2 followed
by A3 -- Zvon has them as:
http://www.zvon.org/other/charSearch/PHP/search.php?request=c2&searchType=3
http://www.zvon.org/other/charSearch/PHP/search.php?request=a3&searchType=3

I have no idea why C2 is in there ... C2 is not in the codetables for
the UTF-8. A3 is the correct replacement for B9, so that's all good.

I have MARC::Charset->ignore_errors(1); set so I would expect any
encoding problems to warn me as before, and then just continue on...
so I suspect it might be another system configuration problem or
some other problem with the source record that I just haven't been
able to spot ... any suggestions?

Thanks,

--
Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
[EMAIL PROTECTED] |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS