Change 14055 by jhi@alpha on 2002/01/04 14:33:09

        Subject: [PATCH perl@14042] Devel::PPPort Makefile.PL umpteenth try
        From: "Craig A. Berry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 17:32:20 -0600
        Message-Id: <a05101004b85a82bb7352@[172.16.52.1]>

Affected files ...

.... //depot/perl/ext/Devel/PPPort/Makefile.PL#10 edit
.... //depot/perl/lib/ExtUtils/MM_Unix.pm#136 edit

Differences ...

==== //depot/perl/ext/Devel/PPPort/Makefile.PL#10 (text) ====
Index: perl/ext/Devel/PPPort/Makefile.PL
--- perl/ext/Devel/PPPort/Makefile.PL.~1~       Fri Jan  4 07:45:06 2002
+++ perl/ext/Devel/PPPort/Makefile.PL   Fri Jan  4 07:45:06 2002
@@ -1,4 +1,3 @@
-
 use ExtUtils::MakeMaker;
 
 WriteMakefile(
@@ -7,19 +6,21 @@
     VERSION_FROM=> 'PPPort.pm',
 
     #PM                => {'PPPort.pm' => '$(INST_LIBDIR)/PPPort.pm'},
-    OBJECT     => 'PPPort$(OBJ_EXT) module2$(OBJ_EXT) module3$(OBJ_EXT)',
+    C          => [qw(module2.c module3.c)],
+    H          => [qw(ppport.h)],
+    OBJECT     => '$(BASEEXT)$(OBJ_EXT) $(O_FILES)',
     XSPROTOARG => '-noprototypes',
     'dist'     => { COMPRESS=>"gzip", SUFFIX=>"gz" },
-    'clean'    => { FILES => "ppport.h ppport_h"},
+    'clean'    => { FILES => qw($(H_FILES))}
 );
 
 sub MY::postamble {
     return <<"EOM";
 
-ppport.h:      ppport_h
-       \$(TOUCH) ppport_h
+\$(H_FILES)  : ppport_h.PL
+       \$(PERLRUNINST) ppport_h.PL
 
-PPPort\$(OBJ_EXT) module2\$(OBJ_EXT) module3\$(OBJ_EXT): ppport.h
+\$(OBJECT)   : \$(H_FILES)
 
 EOM
 }

==== //depot/perl/lib/ExtUtils/MM_Unix.pm#136 (text) ====
Index: perl/lib/ExtUtils/MM_Unix.pm
--- perl/lib/ExtUtils/MM_Unix.pm.~1~    Fri Jan  4 07:45:06 2002
+++ perl/lib/ExtUtils/MM_Unix.pm        Fri Jan  4 07:45:06 2002
@@ -2049,20 +2049,22 @@
     # Are we building the core?
     $self->{PERL_CORE} = 0 unless exists $self->{PERL_CORE};
 
+    my $aq = ($^O eq 'VMS' ? '"' : '');  # command-line argument quoter
+
     # How do we run perl?
     $self->{PERLRUN}      = $self->{PERL};
-    $self->{PERLRUN} .= ' -I$(PERL_LIB)' if $self->{UNINSTALLED_PERL};
+    $self->{PERLRUN} .= " -${aq}I\$(PERL_LIB)$aq" if $self->{UNINSTALLED_PERL};
 
     # How do we run perl when installing libraries?
-    $self->{PERLRUNINST} .= $self->{PERLRUN}. ' -I$(INST_ARCHLIB) -I$(INST_LIB)';
+    $self->{PERLRUNINST} .= $self->{PERLRUN}. " -${aq}I\$(INST_ARCHLIB)$aq 
+-${aq}I\$(INST_LIB)$aq";
 
     # What extra library dirs do we need when running the tests?
-    $self->{TEST_LIBS}   .= ' -I$(INST_ARCHLIB) -I$(INST_LIB)';
+    $self->{TEST_LIBS}   .= " -${aq}I\$(INST_ARCHLIB)$aq -${aq}I\$(INST_LIB)$aq";
 
     # When building the core, we need to add some helper libs since
     # perl's @INC won't work (we're not installed yet).
     foreach my $targ (qw(PERLRUN PERLRUNINST TEST_LIBS)) {
-        $self->{$targ} .= ' -I$(PERL_ARCHLIB) -I$(PERL_LIB)'
+        $self->{$targ} .= " -${aq}I\$(PERL_ARCHLIB)$aq -${aq}I\$(PERL_LIB)$aq"
           if $self->{PERL_CORE};
     }
 }
End of Patch.

Reply via email to